2 carrots, cut into large chunks
2 brown onions, diced
1 small bulb of fennel, finely sliced
6 garlic cloves, crushed
6 dried porcini mushrooms, chopped finely
800g diced tomatoes
500g The Art of Whole Food Beef Broth
50ml balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp. sweet paprika
40g butter or olive oil
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. rosemary leaves, chopped
¼ tsp. thyme leaves
pepper to taste
6 osso bucco steaks
parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 120C.
- Using an oven proof casserole dish, melt butter and sauté onions, fennel, garlic, thyme, rosemary and porcini mushrooms until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, vinegar, tomato paste, paprika, beef broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook for 15 mins over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add the osso bucco steaks to the casserole dish and submerge in the sauce. Cover with a tight fitting lid and place in the oven for 3.5 hours.
- After 3.5 hours, remove the lid and cook for a further 1 hour.
- Remove the meat from the bones and garnish with parsley.
Serve with your choice of steam greens, polenta, quinoa, pasta, mashed potato or sweet potato.← BACK TO BLOG