3-4 kg free-range ham
1 190g jar of The Art of Whole Food Ham Citrus Glaze
1 packet of cloves
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Using a knife, carefully take the skin and some fat off the ham, leaving about 1cm (½ inch) of fat all over. (Any fat removed is delicious for roasting potatoes.)
- Score the fat on the ham in a criss-cross fashion, and while it’s moist, season it generously with the ground black pepper and evenly spread with a thick layer of the Citrus Glaze.
- Stud each corner of the criss-cross pattern with a clove.
- Place ham in a roasting tray just large enough to fit the ham comfortably. Pour ½ cup of water in bottom of pan to keep the ham moist during cooking.
- Cook ham in the oven for about 1 hour. Add more water if water evaporates and baste frequently with the glaze. The ham is ready when it is beautifully golden and crisp.
- For a larger ham add 20min cooking time per kilo of ham.